Are you confused about whether to choose Ubersuggest or Semrush?
If you’re looking for a powerful SEO tool, both Ubersuggest and Semrush are excellent options. But which one is the best for you?
Ubersuggest is an affordable SEO tool that offers features like keyword research, domain analysis, and site audits.
Semrush, on the other hand, provides 50+ SEO tools under one roof!
So which SEO tool is better? It depends on what you’re looking for. In this unbiased comparison of Ubersuggest vs Semrush, you’ll discover all the essential details including;
- Their features comparison
- Keyword research abilities
- Backlink analysis
- Site audits
- Pricing plans, pros & cons, and many more
Let’s jump into the details.
Ubersuggest vs Semrush: An Honest Comparison of Two SEO Tools
Ubersuggest vs Semrush: Features List
Semrush and Ubersuggest offer exceptional tools. Let’s discuss their features first.
Ubersuggest is an affordable SEO toolkit that offers the following features.
- Domain Analysis
- Rank Tracking
- Top SEO Pages
- Keyword Suggestions
- Competitor Research
- Content Ideas
- Get alerts about critical issues on your website
- Monitor your website’s SEO health
- Backlink Data and more
The best part about Semrush is that it offers over 50 tools. Here are some of the NOTABLE features offered by Semrush.
- Keyword Magic Tool (which has a HUGE database with over 20 billion keywords)
- Site Audit
- On-Page SEO Checker
- SEO Writing Assistant
- Local SEO
- Brand Monitoring
- Social Media Tracker
- Rank Tracking Tool
- Social Media Management
- Backlink Analytics
- Competitor SEO Analysis
- PLA Advertising and many more
Who’s the winner? Semrush 🏆because Semrush gives you access to more than 50 powerful SEO tools whereas Ubersuggest offers only a few.
Ubersuggest vs Semrush: Keyword Research
Both tools are great for keyword research. But which one is better?
Ubersuggest allows you to get keyword suggestions based on a seed keyword. It also displays the monthly search volume, CPC, and competition for each keyword.
Semrush, on the other hand, allows you to get more detailed information about each keyword. It shows you the estimated traffic for each keyword, as well as the competition level and the number of results for each keyword.
Let’s find out the keyword research abilities of both these tools.
Keyword Research With Ubersuggest
To start, go to the Keyword Overview tool and enter any keyword to continue. You’ll also have the option to select any database of your choice.
Once you click on the Search button, it will immediately give you keyword data which looks like this;
As you can see above, you can find key metrics like;
- Search volume of the keyword
- SEO difficulty (shows the estimated competition in organic search results)
- Paid difficulty (shows the estimated competition in paid search results)
When you scroll down, you can see a list of all the relevant keyword suggestions for your target keyword.
Have a look;
As shown above, you’ll find a list of the following things;
- Relevant keywords
- The trend for each keyword
Keyword Research With Semrush
Go to the Keyword Magic tool and enter any keyword after choosing the database (country) you want.
Here’s what it looks like;
Hit the Search button and it will instantly show you a list of all the keyword data.
As you can see above, you’ll get in-depth keyword data including;
- Broad match, phrase match, extract match keywords
- The trend for the keywords
- Keyword difficulty
- CPC and more
Once you click on any of those keywords, you’ll get even more details which looks like this;
See that? You can find a ton of keywords along with the keyword metrics including search volume, CPC, the difficulty of the keywords, and much more.
Who’s the winner? Semrush is the winner🏆because it provides you thousands of keyword variations for most of the topics whereas Ubersuggets doesn’t provide as many keyword variations.
Both Ubersuggest and Semrush offer backlink analytics tools.
Semrush’s backlink analytics tool allows you to spy on your competitor’s backlinks and see where they are getting their links from. This is a great way to find potential link-building opportunities for your own website. Ubersuggest as well offers a backlinks overview to evaluate the link profile of a site or page URL.
Let’s find out which one is the winner.
Ubersuggest Backlinks Tool
Once you’re on the Ubersuggest Backlinks tool, enter any domain and click on the Search button.
It will instantly generate a backlink report of the site which looks like this;
See that? You’ll get a huge backlink data of the website which includes the following;
- Domain authority of the website
- Referring domains
- Total number of backlinks
- Backlinks acquired over time
- New and lost referring domains and more
Semrush Backlink Analytics Tool
Once you’re on the “Backlink Analytics” tool on Semrush, enter any website URL to quickly evaluate its backlinks.
See that? You’ll get in-depth backlink data which includes;
- A quick overview of the backlink profile
- Total number of backlinks including referring domains
- Outbound domains
- Indexed pages
- New and lost backlinks
- Overall toxicity score (which is based on the number of toxic backlinks leading to an analyzed website and the importance of discovered toxic markers)
You can also discover the top countries that are sending the most amount of backlinks, link profile distribution, and top pages with backlinks of the analyzed domain.
Who’s the winner? Semrush is the winner🏆 because Semrush is the largest and most up-to-date backlink checker on the market.
Semrush vs Ubersuggest: Site Audits
Site Audit is a useful feature that gives an overview of your website’s SEO health. Using the site audit feature, you can easily uncover the SEO issues impacting your site’s organic traffic.
Both Semrush and Ubersuggest offer the site audit feature which helps you easily find and fix your SEO issues with easy-to-follow instructions. Let’s briefly talk about the site audit feature using these two tools.
Semrush Site Audits
Once you’re on the Site Audits tool on Semrush, enter your website and create a project.
It will take a while to crawl and scan your whole website. Once it’s done, here’s what the Site Audit looks like;
As you can see above, you’ll get the whole audit of your site which includes;
- Thematic reports
- Crawlabitily issues
- HTTPS issues
- Overall site performance score
- Internal linking issues
- Total site health and more
Once you fix all those issues and crawl your site again using the site audit feature, you’ll see an improved site health score. Your job is to fix as many errors as possible to boost your search rankings.
Ubersuggest Site Audits
To get started, enter your website’s URL and click on the Search button. The site crawl might take some time to perform the site audit.
Once the crawling is done, here’s what it looks like;
As you can see above, the Site Audit tool from Ubersuggest gives you the following data;
- On-page SEO score
- Organic monthly traffic
- Organic keywords
- Pages discovered in search engines
- SEO issues and more
Who’s the winner? Semrush is the winner🏆because Semrush’s site audit feature gives you much detailed information about your site’s SEO health.
Ubersuggest vs Semrush: Pricing
Both Ubersuggest and Semrush offer multiple pricing packages. Let’s talk about the pricing plans offered by both these tools.
Semrush Pricing Plans: Semrush offers the following three pricing plans.
1. Pro: This is the starter plan from Semrush which is perfect for marketing newbies and small in-house teams. This plan costs you $99.95 per month (when paid annually) where you’ll get the following key features.
- Results per report: 10,000
- Reports per day: 3000
- Projects: 5
- Keywords to track: 500
- Pages to crawl: 100,000
- 50 profiles for monitoring
- Scheduled PDF reports: 5
2. Guru: If you want to unlock more limits, Guru is the RIGHT plan for you which is great for small businesses, growing agencies, and marketing consultants. This plan costs you $191.62 per month (when paid annually) where you’ll get the following key features.
- Results per report: 30,000
- Reports per day: 5000
- Projects: 15
- Keywords to track: 1500
- Pages to crawl: 300,000
- Social media profiles: 100 (for monitoring)
- Scheduled PDF reports: 20
- Branded PDF reports
- Access to Historical data (with Semrush historical data gathered since 2012)
3. Business: If you want to unlock all the Semrush features, the Business is plan is for you which is suitable for large agencies and enterprises. This plan costs you $374.95 per month (when paid annually) where you’ll get the following key features.
- Results per report: 50,000
- Reports per day: 10,000
- Projects: 40
- Keywords to track: 5000
- Pages to crawl: 1,000,000
- Social media profiles: 300 for monitoring
- Scheduled PDF reports: 50
- White label PDF reports
- Historical data
- Product Listing Ads
- Multi-user management and more
So what are you waiting for?
Claim Semrush 30 Days FREE Trial (Worth $119.95)
What’s the refund policy of Semrush?
Semrush offers a 7-day money-back guarantee on any Semrush subscription. You can send a request via [email protected] if you want to get a full refund.
Ubersuggest Pricing Plans: Ubersuggest offers the following three pricing plans.
1. Individual: This is the cheapest plan from Ubersuggest which is perfect for entrepreneurs & small businesses. You can manage 1-3 websites. This plan costs you only $120 (which is a one-time fee) and you’ll get the following features.
- 100 reports per day
- Manage 1 to 3 websites
- Create up to 3 projects
- Track up to 100 keywords per project
- Crawl up to 1000 pages per report
- 20,000 keyword suggestions
2. Business: This plan is suitable for small & medium businesses where you can manage up to 7 websites. This plan costs you only $200 (which is a one-time fee) and you’ll get the following features.
- 300 reports per day
- Manage up to 7 websites
- Create up to 3 projects
- Track up to 150 keywords per project
- Crawl up to 5000 pages per report
- 50,000 keyword suggestions
3. Enterprise: This plan is great for large businesses & agencies where you can manage up to 15 websites. This plan costs you only $400 (which is a one-time fee) and you’ll get the following features.
- 900 reports per day
- Manage up to 15 websites
- Create up to 3 projects
- Track up to 200 keywords per project
- Crawl up to 10,000 pages per report
- 100,000 keyword suggestions
What’s the refund policy of Ubersuggest?
For annual and lifetime subscriptions, Ubersuggest offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Who’s the winner? Ubersuggest 🏆 because it is the cheapest SEO software when compared to Semrush.
Semrush vs Ubersuggest: Pros & Cons
Let’s now talk about the pros and cons of both Ubersuggest and Semrush.
Semrush Pros & Cons:
- You can get an idea of what your competition is doing. You can see what keywords they are targeting, what ads they are running, and what content they are publishing.
- Semrush can help you identify new opportunities. If you see that a competitor is ranking for a certain keyword, you can look into targeting that keyword yourself.
- Get the most out of your PPC campaigns
- Semrush gives you access to 50+ SEO tools
- Find thousands of hidden keywords in ANY industry
- Find link building opportunities
- You can track your website’s rankings, find keywords that your site is ranking for, know your current keyword rankings
- A domain overview report that shows you information about ANY website such as its age, traffic, and backlinks
- Set up an outreach campaign using the Link Building Tool
- You can perform site audits that scan your website for 130+ technical and SEO mistakes
- Easy integration with Google Analytics
- Access to reports and you can create fully custom or branded PDF reports
- Use the Topic Research tool to generate thousands of new topics
- Semrush can be expensive for most people. The cheapest plan is $99.95 per month, which may be out of reach for some bloggers and small businesses
- The interface can be a bit overwhelming when you’re getting started as Semrush offers over 45 SEO tools under one roof!
Ubersuggest Pros & Cons:
- Ubersuggest offers a free version as well which you can use for domain overview, keyword research, and more
- You can use this tool to reverse engineer your competitors’ SEO strategies
- Easily discover top SEO pages of any website or domain
- You can use their keyword research tool to find hundreds of long-tail keyword suggestions
- Get content ideas for any given keyword
- See daily changes in your rankings from 20 locations including mobile and desktop
- Get complete backlink data of any website
- You can easily organize all your website’s data for each of your websites in a single project
- Offers a lifetime deal that starts only at $120 which is amazing
- The data provided by Ubersuggest is not always accurate and NOT big either (as compared to Semrush)
What’s Our Pick?
Hands down, it’s Semrush.
Semrush is the ultimate SEO toolkit that you can use for keyword research, competitor analysis, site audits, and more. We’ve been using Semrush for more than 6 years and it helped us quadruple our traffic and sales.
Yes, Semrush is expensive when compared to Ubersuggest but Semrush offers you 50+ tools under one roof which makes it worth every penny.
So what are you waiting for? Try it out for free.
Claim Semrush 30 Days FREE Trial (Worth $119.95)
Customer Ratings & Reviews of Ubersuggest & Semrush
Before spending money on ANY SEO tool, you should find out the customer ratings or reviews. That way you’ll understand what the REAL users are thinking about the tool you’re going to purchase.
So what do other customers think about Semrush and Ubersuggest? Let’s find out the customer ratings on the major user review platforms.
On Trustpilot, Semrush got a 4.4 rating out of 5 from over 300 customers.
On Trustpilot, Ubersuggest got a 4.4 rating out of 5 from over 80 customers.
On G2, Semrush got a 4.6 rating out of 5 from over 1400 customers.
On G2, Ubersuggest got a 4.1 rating out of 5 from over 50 customers.
All in all, both these tools have great customer ratings all over the web.
FAQs | Semrush vs Ubersuggest
Here are some of the frequently asked questions around Semrush and Ubersuggest SEO tools.
Which is better between Semrush and Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest and Semrush are both great SEO tools that offer a wide range of tools including keyword research, site audit, backlink analysis, etc. Ubersuggest is a freemium tool, while Semrush is a paid tool. When it comes to features, Semrush is MUCH better than Ubersuggest.
Is Ubersuggest a good SEO tool?
Ubersuggest is a freemium SEO tool that offers a ton of features including keyword research, site audits, competitor analysis, and more. It also provides you with the ability to get thousands of long-tail keywords along with the ability to see how difficult it will be to rank for each keyword.
Is Semrush the best SEO tool?
Semrush is the BEST tool for online marketing which is used by over 7 million users. It allows you to see what keywords your competitors are targeting, as well as spy on their ad campaigns. This can help you to optimize your own website to stay ahead of the competition.
Semrush also offers a great suite of tools for SEO analysis, including backlink checking, site audits, and keyword research. Overall, Semrush is a must-have tool for any online marketer.
Does Semrush offer a free trial?
How much does Ubersuggest cost?
Ubersuggest offers three plans;
– Individual: $120 for a lifetime
– Business:$200 for a lifetime
– Enterprise: $400 for a lifetime
How much does Semrush cost?
Semrush offers 3 pricing plans which are listed below.
– Semrush Pro costs you $99.95/mo when paid annually
– Semrush Guru costs you $191.62/mo when paid annually
– Semrush Business costs you $374.95/mo when paid annually
Related SEO Tools to Check Out:
Final thoughts on Semrush Vs Ubersuggest
Investing in the RIGHT SEO tool can generate a HUGE ROI in the long run. The reason we’re generating over $13,000/mo from our blog is we’ve been investing in tools like Semrush.
If you’re a beginner and looking for an affordable SEO toolkit for all the basic SEO needs, go with Ubersuggest. But if you’re looking for an ultimate SEO tool to improve your website’s SEO, Semrush should be your pick.
What do you think about this detailed comparison of Semrush vs Ubersuggest? What’s your favorite tool among them? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.